IEA is excited to welcome the Alton School District #11 in collaboration with the Alton Education Association to the Illinois Virtual Instructional Coach and Building Mentor Program!
We are also excited for the opportunity to work with the 1st and 2nd year teachers and or clinicians for the Alton School District #11!
Induction and mentoring is an effective way to provide support for early career educators and retain teachers in the profession. To support new teachers, teaching specialists and clinicians through their first two years as educators, the Illinois Virtual Instructional Coach and Building Mentor Program offers every participating district’s 1st & 2nd year teacher and clinician wraparound professional support. The Coaching & Mentoring program is funded by the Illinois State Board of Education with a $6.5 million grant to the Illinois Education Association so it comes at no cost to the district. We do all the administrative work.
The Alton SD #11 first- and second-year teachers and clinicians have the opportunity to receive support from a trained Virtual Instructional Coach in the same grade level and content area.
New Teachers and Clinicians may also receive the following:
- New Teachers/Clinicians –
- Access to a resource library and coaching supports aligned to the Charlotte Danielson’s Six Clusters which is located on our Coaching and Mentoring Platform;
- Support and feedback through one-on-one and small group virtual coaching;
- Great opportunity for professional development for a new teacher/clinician;
- New teachers and clinicians both 1st and 2nd year receive a $500 stipend (paid by IEA) for their participation in the program and PD hours based on meetings with their virtual coach; and
- Time commitment for new teachers is minimal. The needs of the new teacher/ clinician are the priority.
- New Teachers and Clinicians are paired with a trained building mentor who
- Assist in acclimating the new teacher/clinician to the district;
- Make the teacher feel welcomed, supported, and connected;
- Mentors are required to complete three training modules and paid a stipend for completion of $300;
- A $25/hr. x 2 hrs./wk. for 36 weeks (prorated based on start date), stipend will be paid directly to the building mentor
If you are a first- and second-year teacher and/or clinician and interested in participating in the virtual coaching and building mentor program, please complete the google link https://forms.gle/AuZHsEEwkTm45PrG7
IEA is looking for virtual instructional coaches. If interested please go to www.IEACoachingandMentoring.org for more information.